As with most things, the Feds don’t take it outright, they just make it impossible for you to use. That is what is clearly happening in the Park Service’s new 20 year plan for the Ozark National Scenic Riverway.
Voice of the Ozarks, a property rights group smack dab in the middle of the affected area, put out a notice with a few bullet points regarding the 500 plus page plan. The plan can be read here, but to be honest, I think there are actually more pages to find because this appears to only cover the first aspect of the current listed projects which you can see here.
Importantly, the Park Service was supposed to “preserve the land FOR the people”, now it is engaging in the mission creep inherent in Agenda 21 and preserving the land AGAINST the people.
Please, please, please attend the meetings if you can! Here’s the notice:
The Ozark National Scenic Riverways (National Park Service) seeks to dramatically curtail your use of the Current and Jacks Fork Rivers. Their desire to place a stranglehold on your traditional uses has led to the drafting of a new 20 year plan which places restrictions that will lessen recreational opportunities and cause economic hardships on the communities in and around the two rivers:
1. ELIMINATES 65 MILES OF HORSE TRAILS ADJACENT TO THE RIVERS!
2. ELIMINATES UNAUTHORIZED RIVER CROSSINGS!
3. REQUIRES PERMITS FOR HORSEBACK RIDING!
4. ELIMINATES MOTOR VEHICLE ACCESS TO GRAVEL BARS!
5. ELIMINATES ALL ATV, UTV, AND FOUR WHEELER USE!
6. ELIMINATES OUTBOARD MOTORS IN SOME AREAS!
7. PASS REGULATIONS THAT WILL REDUCE BOAT MOTOR HORSEPOWER!
8. NONE OF THEIR FINDINGS SUBSTANTIATING THESE CHANGES ARE SUPPORTED BY ANY EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE
The National Park Service, at the prompting of the Sierra Club and other environmental groups wishes to turn a Scenic Easement into an Environmental Park inaccessible to everyone but the environmentalists!
How can you help?
1. Submit your comments and complaints to http://parkplanning.nps.gov/ozar
2. BETTER YET; ATTEND ONE OF THREE MEETINGS AND SUBMIT YOUR COMPLAINTS IN PERSON:
6-9 P.M. December 10th 2013 @VAN BUREN YOUTH & COMMUNITY CENTER (intersection of business 60 &D hwy)
6-9P.M. December 11th 2013 @ POWDER VALLEY CONSERVATION NATURE CENTER 11715 Cragwold rd. Kirkwood Missouri 63122
10am-Noon DECEMBER 11th- SALEM CITY HALL This will be a Q and A meeting.
3. Contact your state and federal representatives!